Round rainwater system (Ø 125/100 mm and Ø 150/120 mm)
1. Gutter end cap
3. Gutter corner outer
4. Gutter joiner
5. Gutter hanger
6. Drop outlet
7. Gutter corner inner
10. Downspout strap
11. Downspout elbow
Round rainwater system components
1. Gutter end cap
3. Gutter joiner
4. Gutter corner inner
5. Gutter corner outer
6. Gutter hanger, long
7. Gutter hanger, short
8. Gutter hanger, long, with bracket
9. Gutter hanger, short, with bracket
10. Gutter hanger, short, regulējams
12. Drop outlet
13. Downspout strap, double
15. Downspout elbow
Ordering rainwater system
Before ordering rainwater system the following information is required:
• roof sketch with dimensions
• length of roof edges (L)
• height from the ground to the bottom of the eaves edge (Н)
• Width of the lower edge of the roof (C)
The diameter of the rainwater system and its assembly specification depends on the size of the roof and the hose, and its configuration.
One square meter of the roof area requires one square centimeter of cross-section of the downspout. Our rainwater system has 68 square cm cross-section. The maximum distance between downspouts should not be more than 10 meters, otherwise, as a result of heavy perception, downspouts will not be able to remove all the water from the roof. The shorter the distance between the downspouts, the less chance for water to freeze during cold winter periods as well as for falling leaves to stuck inside the downspout.
Required tools and additional materials
For high quality rainwater system installation, electric saw or circular sheet metal scissors, drill, riveter, silicone, nails and rivets are required.
Scratches on the surface of rainwater system components, caused during transportation or installation can be painted with the appropriate spray colour.
For cutting materials never use abrasive disks!
Gutter hanger installation
Gutter hanger installation begins at that eaves side that is designed to have a tilt towards the downspout pipe. The first and last hangers are mounted on the distance of about 150mm from the end of the eave.
The first hanger is mounted so that the distance between an imaginary extension of the roof surface and the gutter should be at least 25mm. It is recommended not to fasten one of the screws till the end in order to bind an equalizing cable to its threshold.
The next hanger on the end of the eave plank is attached in accordance with required inclination of the gutter. The recommended inclination of the gutter is around 2-3mm per meter of the drain. This hanger is also left unfastened with one of the bolts/screws and an equalising cable is fastened to it.
The distance between gutter hangers should be no more than 900mm. The remaining hangers in accordance with the equalizing cable are attached to the eaves edge. At the end it is required to fasten the unfastened bolts/screws to which the equalising cable was attached.
Drop outlet installation
1. The point where the downspout will be connected to the gutter should be marked. The marked place then should be cut out from the gutter with the help of sheet metal scissors.
2. The front side of the drop outlet needs to be hooked to the front side of the gutter and then by turning it closer to the gutter it should be set to its designated place.
3. Rear side brackets of the drop outlet should be bended to hook the gutter firmly.
Gutter end cap assembly
1. First a silicone should be applied on the place of connection. Second gutter and the end cap are connected according to the ribs shape.
2. The end cap bracket should be bended in such a way so that it touches gutter surface.
Before gutter assembly, it is recommended to connect all of its related components like end caps, drop outlets and corners.
Place the back side of the gutter into the hanger and then push its front side into the hanger as well.
Gutters should be placed into the hangers with the maximum precision. It is not recommended to move the gutters back and forth after the installation is performed as it may scratch the point.
1. In order to connect gutters they should be places one in front of each other and then one of the gutters turned in the opposite direction.
2. Once gutters are connected with each other the upper gutter is turned in such a way so that two gutters are closely joined together. Silicone should be applied to the overlapping connection place and it should be no less than 10mm long.
3. Silicone should be applied to the rubber sealing of the gutter joiner element before it is connected to the backside of the gutter’s surface. The connection place should be strongly fixed starting from the backside and ending in the frontside of the gutters surface. The gutter joiner should be located exactly in the middle of the place where two gutters are connected.
4. The gutter joiner should be firmly hooked to the frontside of the gutter.
5. The gutter joiner is fixed with the help of special bracket that is hooked to the gutter.
Gutter corner installation
1. Gutter hangers are screwed as described above while maintaining the required inclination of the gutter.
2. Gutter corners with the gutter are connected same way as the gutter to gutter.
1. It is easy to connect downspouts and elbows together as one of the ends is more narrow than the other. The length of downspouts can be reduced by cutting not narrowed side away with the help of the an electric saw.
2. Downspouts should be located 30 – 40 mm from the wall. This should be taken into account when downspout with inclination is installed.
3. The bottom downspout elbow should be located at least 300 mm above the ground. This should be taken into account when cutting vertical downspout according to the required size.
Downspout strap mount towards the wall should be located at the same level as the joint place between two downspouts or the downspout and elbow is.
Each downspout requires at least two straps.
For mounting downspout strap Ø 8 mm screws are used.
Downspout and elbow are usually connected together on the ground, then it is connected to the gutter’s drop outlet and then with the help of a strap mounted to the wall.
4. Downspouts are placed into the downspout straps and are fixed with the help of two bolts and nuts pair.
The bottom strap should be located at the joint place of elbow and downspout. If this not possible then for elbow and downspout connection rivets or screws are required.
In order to ensure longer exploitation period of a rainwater system it has to be regular checked and maintained.
The rainwater system should be checked at least once a year (preferably in spring) as the rain is not always completely washing out accumulated tree leaves, needles and other garbage that is stuck inside gutters or downspouts.
Rainwater system should be cleaned accurately otherwise scratches may show up on its surface.
It is allowed to clean rainwater system with water and soft brush. The water jet pressure should not exceed 50 bars. Painted surface cleaning agents are also allowed to be used. After agent is applied it should be left for several minutes to start working and then gently washed away with the help of large amount of water.